- Bringing the payment services and e‑money sectors into line with FCA rules
- Original news
- What is the background to the consultation?
- What modifications were made to the FCA’s rule-making powers in 2017 to enable the FCA to consult on these rules?
- What are the main provisions of the consultation?
- What actions should payment services providers and e-money issuers be taking as a result of this consultation?
- What advice should lawyers be giving to their clients?
Financial Services analysis: The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is consulting on proposals to apply existing rules and guidance that clarify its expectations on conduct and communication across the payment services and e-money sectors. James Barnard, associate at DLA Piper, and Michael McKee, partner at the firm, consider the background to the consultation and its potential implications.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial