- Bridging the gap between fintechs and financial institutions
- Original news
- What are the key matters set out in the report?
- What are the models of collaboration set out in the report and what are the main aspects of each model?
- Application program interfaces (APIs)/sandbox
- Start-up corporate accelerator
- Fintech product sourcing
- Fintech joint venture/venture builder
- Corporate venture capital
- Mergers and acquisitions
- What are the key actions that financial services institutions and fintechs should take to help ensure a successful collaboration?
- What are the key regulatory compliance issues set out in the report?
- What are the other key legal issues set out in the report?
Financial Services analysis: Jeremy Kutner, partner at Shearman & Sterling, and Nick Withers, associate at Shearman & Sterling, argue that the relationship between fintech companies and financial services organisations can be challenging to navigate, with both parties often unsure how to approach and establish a partnership, and suggest the models for collaboration set out in a recent report will provide useful insight and help to steer both sides to create long-lasting mutually beneficial partnerships.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial