- Bridging pensions and the PPF—amendments to address bridging anomaly
- Original news
- What is the background to the publication of the changes to the Pension Protection Fund Compensation Regulations?
- What were the key changes proposed and do they raise any important new details and issues?
- What impact do the changes have for scheme members, trustees and scheme administrators?
- Were there any further changes made to the proposals following the DWP’s consultation response? When do the regulations come into force?
Pensions analysis: The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is implementing amendments to compensation relating to the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) to those with bridging pensions or ‘step-down pensions’. Rosalind Connor, partner at ARC Pensions Law, comments on an existing anomaly, and what the changes mean in practice.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial