- Bribery and corruption—effect on the enforceability of a contract (UBS AG (London Branch) and another v Kommunale)
- Original news
- What was this case about?
- What did the Court of Appeal decide?
- Why did the court overrule the previous ruling that an agency existed?
- What does this decision mean for commercial lawyers?
Commercial analysis: Did bribery by an intermediary and a corrupt manager extend to the wider relationship between the parties, and was there an agency arrangement? Anna Myrvang, legal director at Clyde & Co LLP, looks at the majority decision of the Court of Appeal in UBS AG (London Branch) and another v Kommunale Wasserwerke Leipzig.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial