- Brexit and the EU27—a view from Sweden
- What could Brexit mean for Sweden and how could the relationship with the UK change?
- What are the priority issues in the Brexit negotiations from Sweden's point of view and why? Why are they so significant?
- Aside from Brexit, what are the key domestic priorities in Sweden?
- What are likely to be the key challenges with the negotiations?
- What form of relationship and type of trade model is Sweden likely to favour in the future? Will they prefer 'hard' or 'soft' Brexit and is Sweden concerned at the loss of a pro-free trade voice in the EU?
- Are there any other developments on the horizon which could have an impact on Brexit from your perspective?
Public Law analysis: With the EU institutions and the EU27 Member States assessing the potential fallout from Brexit, this series continues our exploration of the effect of the UK’s exit from the EU on different jurisdictions across Europe. As the long-standing harmony between UK and Swedish trade interests within the EU comes under the threat of Brexit, Mats Karlsson, director at the Swedish Institute for International Affairs, explains his concerns for an outcome that could buck the campaign’s promises and leave both the EU and UK in weakened states.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial