- Brexit SI Bulletin—latest drafts and sifting committee reports, 11 September 2020
- Latest ESIC recommendations
- Latest SLSC recommendations
- Update on government draft options for regional or local interventions
- Update on sunset provisions in coronavirus SIs
- Sifting during coronavirus
- Latest Brexit SIs laid for sifting
- Further information
Public Law analysis: The Commons European Statutory Instruments Committee (ESIC) and the Lords Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (SLSC) are responsible for the sifting process under the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 (EU(W)A 2018). These committees scrutinise proposed negative Brexit SIs and make recommendations on the appropriate parliamentary procedure before the instruments are laid in Parliament. This bulletin outlines the latest updates and recommendations, collated on 11 September 2020.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial