- Brexit—financial applications in family proceedings
- What are the key changes in relation to jurisdiction and financial provision that family practitioners need to be aware of, as from implementation period (IP) completion day (1 January 2020)?
- Jurisdiction for divorce
- What will be the key changes regarding the recognition and enforcement of divorce and financial orders?
- Divorce recognition and enforcement
- Jurisdiction for maintenance
- Recognition and enforcement of maintenance orders
- What steps should practitioners be considering taking prior to IP completion day?
- What else should practitioners be aware of?
Family analysis: Daniel Eames, partner at Michelmores, and Suzanne Kingston, consultant at Mills & Reeve LLP, set out key considerations in relation to financial proceedings and orders both prior to and following IP completion day, including the types of cases in which practitioners may need to take steps as a matter of urgency.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial