- Blocking suspected pension liberation transfers (Hughes v Royal London)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What was the Pensions Ombudsman's decision?
- What were the grounds of the appeal?
- What was the High Court's decision?
- What is the impact of the High Court's decision?
- What was the view of Royal London’s legal advisers?
- What was the view of the Pensions Ombudsman?
Pensions analysis: Through a landmark High Court decision, which overturned a decision by the Pensions Ombudsman, Royal London Mutual Insurance Society (Royal London) lost the right to block a suspected pension liberation transfer, and this could have far-reaching consequences across the pensions industry. The Lexis®PSL Pensions team take a look at the High Court’s decision and its impact.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial