- Blockchain in commodities financing still facing ‘significant hurdles’
- What is blockchain?
- What is the practical role blockchain can have in financing commodities deals?
- Is this role limited by network effects, to what extent will the technology become useful only when more players in the supply chain are using it?
- By helping to streamline deals considerably, could blockchain put lawyers out of work?
- What should commodities finance lawyers watch for next?
Banking & Finance analysis: While blockchain is discussed in increasingly excitable terms, questions still abound as to the real world implications of such a technological leap. Richard Usher, commodities lawyer at DLA Piper, examines the structure of the system as well as the nature of some of the problems it will solve, and those it won’t.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial