- Bills of Sale Consultation Paper—a response
- Original news
- Why did the Law Commission decide to open a consultation on the Bills of Sale Acts?
- What were the key proposals emerging from the consultation?
- Why did the Committee respond?
- And how did the Committee respond?
- Policy considerations
- What is likely to happen now?
Banking & Finance analysis: Are the Law Commission’s proposals for a replacement to the historic Bills of Sale Acts fit for purpose? Dorothy Livingston, consultant in competition, regulation and trade at Herbert Smith Freehills, and chairperson of the Financial Law Committee of the City of London Law Society (the Committee), explains what prompted the Committee to publish a detailed response to the consultation and outlines their key concerns with the proposals.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial