- Banks’ duty of care in financial transactions (Golden Belt v BNP Paribas)
- Original news
- What is the significance of this case? Why is it important for practitioners?
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues arose for the court’s consideration?
- Did a duty of care exist? To whom was it owed, and why?
- Was the duty breached?
- What was the measure of damages?
- How does this case fit in with other developments in this area of the law? Do you have any predictions for future developments in this area?
Dispute Resolution analysis: The question of whether a bank owed a duty of care to third parties was before the High Court in Golden Belt v BNP Paribas. David Jones, an associate of Fox Williams LLP, explores the judgment.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial