- Bankrupts involved in the management of a company—a cautionary tale
- Original news
- What was the background to the hearing?
- What were the legal issues the Registrar had to decide?
- What were the main legal arguments put forward?
- What did the Registrar decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What practical lessons can those advising take away from this case?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: James Dawson, barrister at 3PB, considers the decision in Re C. & M.B. Holdings Ltd; Hamilton and another (Joint Trustees in Bankruptcy of Charles Newell Brown) v Brown and another company, where trustees in bankruptcy sought relief in relation to a company in which the bankrupt owned shares.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial