- Bancoult revisited—reinforcing the importance of full disclosure
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues arose for the Supreme Court’s consideration?
- What did the Supreme Court decide on those issues?
- What are the consequences of the decision?
- What should lawyers take from the judgment?
Public Law analysis: A disappointing ruling for Chagos Islanders removed from their homeland by the UK government nevertheless gives some encouragement for a future legal challenge, says Paul Harris SC, of Doughty Street Chambers, who examines the Supreme Court’s decision in R (on the application of Bancoult (No 2)).
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial