- Balancing the right to privacy and the right to monitor
- Original news
- What issues did this case raise?
- What did the court decide?
- To what extent does the decision help to clarify the law in this area?
- What are the implications of the decision for the UK?
- What does all this mean for lawyers and their clients? What should they do next?
- How does this fit in with other developments in this area?
IP & IT analysis: What is the significance of the judgment in Bărbulescu v Romania? Michael Burd, partner at Lewis Silkin LLP, explains that while the decision has little effect on the UK, it shows a clear shift of balance in favour of the employer in certain continental European countries.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial