- Avoiding fraud among carbon credit companies
- Original news
- What are carbon credits and VERs?
- What standards do these projects follow?
- What lead to the decision to wind these companies up?
- What impact are these decisions likely to have on the viability of carbon offsetting schemes?
- Is more regulation in this area needed?
- What should those offering or participating in carbon offsetting schemes take into account?
- What should lawyers advise their clients?
Environment analysis: How can those dealing with carbon credit companies ensure they aren’t dealing with fraudsters? Chris Staples, partner at Linklaters, says it is important to make sure purchases are made in accordance to a robust standard.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial