- Australia—establishing the validity and scope of arbitration clauses (Rinehart v Hancock Prospecting)
- What, in brief, was the background to the appeal?
- What issues were raised on appeal?
- What did the court decide?
- What are the practical implications of the judgment?
- Why is the decision of interest (beyond its practical implications)?
Arbitration analysis: What are the implications of an Australian High Court ruling in Rinehart v Hancock Prospecting on the validity of arbitration clauses? Tom Webb and Beth Cubitt, partners at Clyde & Co in Perth, report on the case.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial