- Asylum claims and return orders under the Hague Convention (FE v YE (Secretary of State for the Home Department intervening))
- Original news
- What is the significance of this case? Why is it important for practitioners?
- How helpful is this judgment in clarifying the law in this area? Are there any remaining grey areas?
- What are the practical implications of the judgment? What should practitioners be mindful of when advising in this area?
- How does this case fit in with other developments in this area of the law? Do you have any predictions for future developments in this area?
Family analysis: Does an asylum claim by the subject children halt an application under the 1980 Hague Child Abduction Convention? Marianna Michaelides, solicitor at The International Family Law Group LLP, considers the decision in FE v YE.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial