- Assessing the requirements for investor-state arbitrations (Blue Bank v Venezuela)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues arose for the tribunal’s consideration?
- What were the parties’ respective positions on jurisdiction?
- What did the tribunal decide?
- Why is the case of interest to investment arbitration practitioners?
- Is the decision part of any trend emerging in this area of law?
Arbitration analysis: Daniela Paez, associate at Herbert Smith Freehills, examines the award in Blue Bank v Venezuela and suggests that it sounds a warning against commencing investor-state arbitration without having met all of the jurisdictional and admissibility requirements.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial