- Assessing the impact of settlement in high-profile privacy cases
- What is the background to the recent spate of well-publicised settlements in privacy cases?
- What were the circumstances of the settlements? What do we know about the amounts awarded?
- What is the impact of these settlements in terms of developing case law in this area? What practical implications do they have?
- What are the common pitfalls in these types of cases and what are the grey areas?
- What are your predictions for the future?
Information Law analysis: What are the implications of the latest wave of privacy complaints settled by well-known individuals? Ian Helme, barrister at One Brick Court, considers the trends of settlements in high-profile privacy cases and the impact on developing case law.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial