- Applying without notice under the Hague Convention 1980
- Original news
- What key issues did this case raise?
- What did the court say about the relationship between Brussels II bis and the Hague Convention 1980?
- Is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area, or are there any remaining grey areas?
- Under what circumstances can an application without notice for a location order or collection order in Hague Convention 1980 cases be made?
- What are the common issues with this and is the judgment helpful in clarifying these?
- What should lawyers take note of?
Family analysis: Mai-Ling Savage, barrister at Fourteen Chambers, takes a look at the circumstances in which an application may be made without notice for a location order or a collection order, and the relationship between the Hague Convention 1980 and Brussels II bis.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial