- Anti-suit injunctions—rare but powerful
- Original news
- How did the court approach the issue of the anti-suit injunction in this case?
- What does this tell us about the limitations of anti-suit injunctions?
- What does this case tell us about the operation of the MCA 1973, s 37?
- How did the court deal with deemed claims?
- Any best practice tips?
- What are the broader lessons to be taken from this case?
Family analysis: In light of the decision in Ahmed v Mustafa, Michael Gouriet and Natalie O’Shea of Withers review the court’s approach to anti-suit injunctions and consider what the case demonstrates about injunctions under the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 (MCA 1973).
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial