- Allen & Overy: Risk allocation in Hong Kong trust arrangements
- Family trust suffers loss
- Claims for breach of trust and fiduciary duty
- Trustee's and nominee director's duties under the trust deed
- Breaches of duty by corporate trustee and nominee director
- Bank's duties not breached
- Practical consequences: heightened risk management
An adverse ruling from Hong Kong's High Court against a corporate trustee and nominee director means that, depending on the settings of trust services offered by a financial institution, it may need to consider reviewing risk management of trust arrangements: Zhang Hong Li & Ors v DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Ltd & Ors  HKCU 956.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial