- Agreement reached on Royal Mail pension scheme—is CDC the future?
- Original news
- What is the background to the deal announced on 1 February 2018 between Royal Mail and the unions in relation to pensions?
- What are the key pension changes being made for Royal Mail employees, particularly involving the collective defined contribution (CDC) scheme?
- What are the legislative changes required in order to implement a CDC scheme for the employees of Royal Mail?
- Does the Royal Mail deal indicate an appetite for arrangements of this sort being undertaken more frequently in the future?
- What is the timetable for implementation of these pensions changes? What are the next steps?
Pensions analysis: How does this recent agreement affect the pensions of Royal Mail employees? Alice Honeywill, partner at Burges Salmon, explores the background to the deal and looks into how the legislative changes required to implement the collective defined contribution (CDC) scheme will be dealt with by Parliament.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial