- Advocate General issues opinion on meaning of aggressive practices and undue influence under the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive 2005/29/EC (Orange Polska)
- What are the practical implications of this opinion?
- What was the background?
- What did the AG opine?
- Was the contracting model used by Orange Polska an aggressive commercial practice in all circumstances?
- Was the contracting model an aggressive commercial practice, due to undue influence, in certain circumstances?
- Factors to consider when determining undue influence of a trader
- Case details
Commercial analysis: Advocate General (AG) Sánchez-Bordona has issued an opinion which, if followed by the Court of Justice, will provide clarity to the interpretation of the concepts of aggressive practices and undue influence under the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive 2005/29/EC (UCPD) and the implementing UK Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, SI 2008/1277. Written by Helen Hart, freelance commercial lawyer.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial