- Adult dependent relatives and the immigration rules after BritCits
- Original news
- What is the background to this case?
- What were the key issues before the court?
- How did the court approach the arguments at play?
- What is the significance of the ruling?
- What are the practical implications of the decision?
Immigration analysis: In BritCits the High Court revisited the issue of a non-EEA dependent adult relative of a British citizen or person settled in the UK to join their relative if they are financially dependent on them. Declan O’Callaghan, barrister at Landmark Chambers, considers the decision and assesses the impact of the Immigration Rules on family reunion.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial