- Adult child claims financial provision under Inheritance Act (Nahajec v Fowle)
- Original news
- What was the background to this case?
- What were the key issues?
- How significant is Nahajec?
- What are the lessons from the case? What should practitioners be mindful of when advising in this area?
Private Client analysis: Following the outcome of Nahajec v Fowle (heard in the County Court at Leeds), Adam Draper, a partner at Shoosmiths, advises that the successful claim provides a useful analysis of the law and approach to maintenance-based claims in the wake of the Supreme Court case of Ilott v The Blue Cross and others.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial