- Adjudication and more than one dispute (Deluxe Art & Theme v Beck Interiors)
- Practical implications
- Which decisions would be enforced and why?
- Considerations when determining that there was more than one dispute
- Relevance of whether there is more than one dispute
- Application of para 8(1) of the Scheme
- Natural breach of justice—reasons why no breach was found
- Court details
Dispute Resolution analysis: Coulson J has held that an adjudicator cannot be appointed under the Scheme for Construction Contracts (England and Wales) Regulations 1998, as amended to deal with two separate disputes set out in two separate Notices of Adjudication at the same time, unless both parties consent. James Bowling of 4 Pump Court Chambers considers the judgment and its practical implications.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial