- Academisation—unearthing school land
- Original news
- How does the transfer of land operate in the academisation process? And what are the key elements of the process?
- How does the owner of the land affect the process (ie local authority, foundation/trust, governing body, etc)?
- What are the risks of the land transfer system?
- Under what circumstances could an academy be denied the continued use of land when maintained schools convert?
Local Government analysis: The government has announced structural changes to education in England, including providing for the conversion of schools into academies. Anna Shadbolt, senior associate at Winckworth Sherwood, examines the transfer of land as part of the academisation process.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial