- A return to syntactical construction of commercial contracts?
- Original news
- What is the background to the case? Why is the case significant?
- What was the key issue before the court?
- What did the court decide and why?
- What are the practical implications of the court’s decision and what action should lawyers be taking?
- How does this fit in with other developments in this area?
Commercial analysis: The High Court decision in AL Challis Ltd v British Gas Trading Ltd indicates a departure from the business common sense approach to the construction of commercial contracts, says Philip Shepherd QC, of XXIV Old Buildings.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial