- A look of disapproval—the FCA’s new discussion paper on financial promotions rules for high-risk investments and firms approving financial promotions
- Original News
- 1. Classification of high-risk investments
- Questions by FCA
- Potential arbitrage relating to SISs
- 2. Further segmenting the high-risk investments market
- Strengthening the process for categorising retail investors
- Improving risk warnings
- Positive frictions in consumer journeys
- 3. The role of an authorised firm that approves a financial promotion
- Ongoing obligations
- Involvement in client categorisation and appropriateness/suitability assessments
- Next Steps
Financial Services analysis: Partners Sam Robinson and Ash Saluja, senior associate Tom Callaby and associates Yasmin Johal and Dil-Veer Kang together with Isabella Ramsey of CMS take a closer look at the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA’s) recent discussion paper on financial promotions rules for high-risk investments and firms approving financial promotions.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial