- A landlord’s rights and an RTM companies’ management functions
- Original news
- What was the background to this case and what issues were raised?
- What should property lawyers advising in this area be made aware of, particularly when advising their clients on the competing rights of landlords and RTM companies?
- Have there been any similar cases decided on this issue? Are there any remaining grey areas?
- What are the next steps in this case, is it likely to be appealed?
- Are there any detectable trends emerging? What are your predictions for the future?
Property analysis: Jonathan Upton, barrister at Tanfield Chambers’, examines Francia Properties Limited v Aristou where the court considered the question of whether a landlord’s right to redevelop property conflicted with the rights of a right to manage (RTM) company to manage the building under Part II, Chapter I of the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 (CLRA 2002).
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial