- A greener future—25 year environment plan progress report
- Original News
- Why now? Was this 25 YEP progress report planned? Will there be annual reports?
- Has the government achieved more than expected in any areas at this stage? Or indeed less?
- Are the proposed immediate priorities realistic?
- Will the 25 YEP be amended or updated as a result of this progress report?
- How easy will it be in reality to get local authorities, government agencies, water companies, land owners and environmental organisations to work effectively together?
- How effective will the new outcome indicators be in measuring real progress?
Environment analysis: On 16 May 2019, the government published its first progress report of its 25-year environment plan (YEP) indicating that it is on the right track to meet the targets. Melissa Murphy, barrister at Francis Taylor Building, assesses the current situation.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial