- A green Brexit? Government unveils plans for new environmental watchdog
- Original news
- What is the background leading up to this announcement?
- What are the key concerns with regard to maintenance of environmental standards post-Brexit?
- How could a new environmental regulator help to ensure a green Brexit?
- What is the timing of the proposed consultation and what are the likely issues for consultation?
- Without a new environmental regulator, is there a risk that environmental standards will not be maintained post-Brexit?
Environment analysis: Following concerns that the UK’s environmental laws could be watered down after we leave the EU, the government has issued a statement on how a new environmental body will ‘hold the powerful to account’, with a consultation on its functions and powers expected in the new year. Karla Hill, ClientEarth Director of Programmes, explains.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial