- A golden age for employee ownership?
- Are many companies implementing EOTs?
- In what circumstances are companies usually seeking to implement an EOT?
- Which tax reliefs are most often being relied upon in relation to an EOT?
- Are there any particular practical problems that companies are encountering in relation to EOTs—either at implementation or ongoing operation?
- Are companies finding it straightforward to operate their employee share schemes alongside their EOT?
- Is this a golden age for employee ownership?
Share Incentives analysis: Graeme Nuttall OBE, a partner at Fieldfisher and author of the ‘Nuttall Review of Employee Ownership’, points out that this decade is shaping up as the decade in which employee ownership enters the mainstream of the UK economy—and the employee ownership trust (EOT) tax exemptions promote, for the first time, the trust model of employee ownership.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial