- ‘Shale Wealth Fund’—will payments generate queues to host fracking?
- What was the background to the SWF consultation?
- What payments are being offered?
- How would this payment scheme work?
- How has this payment scheme been received?
- Have any other incentives been offered?
- Can we expect to see other proposals if homeowners reject this one?
- Do you have any concluding thoughts?
Environment analysis: In light of HM Treasury’s Shale Wealth Fund (SWF) consultation, which is proposing payments where fracking takes place, Tim Pugh, planning and environment consultant with Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP, critiques the consultation, and asks whether it is sufficiently clear and ambitious enough to persuade communities and local government that the benefits will outweigh the disadvantages when it comes to this highly controversial method of gas extraction.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial