- ‘Beaton’ to it—DWP consults on PPF cap treatment of transferred-in fixed pension
- Original news
- What is the background to this consultation?
- Why is the government launching this consultation rather than relying on an appeal?
- What are the changes proposed?
- What are the next steps?
- What are the implications of this consultation?
Pensions analysis: On 3 July 2018, the DWP issued a consultation paper proposing changes to the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) compensation rules to remedy the immediate problems caused by the High Court judgment of Beaton v PPF  EWHC 2623 (Ch) (which held that the PPF compensation cap should be applied separately to Mr Beaton’s transferred-in pension and his main scheme pension) and ensure that the PPF have the legal basis to administer the compensation regime as intended.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial