(1) [Either regulator] may, by notice in writing given to an authorised person, require him—
(a) to provide specified information or information of a specified description; or
(b) to produce specified documents or documents of a specified description.
(2) The information or documents must be provided or produced—
(a) before the end of such reasonable period as may be specified; and
(b) at such place as may be specified.
(3) An officer who has written authorisation from the [regulator] to do so may require an authorised person without delay—
(a) to provide the officer with specified information or information of a specified description; or
(b) to produce to him specified documents or documents of a specified description.
(4) This section applies only to[—
(a)] information and documents reasonably required in connection with the exercise by [either regulator] of functions conferred on it by or under this Act[, and
(b) in relation to the exercise by the PRA of the powers conferred by subsections (1) and (3), information and documents reasonably required by the Bank of England in connection with the exercise by the Bank of its functions in pursuance of its financial stability objective].
(5) [The regulator in question] may require any information provided under this section to be provided in such form as it may reasonably require.
(6) [The regulator in question] may require—
(a) any information provided, whether in a document or otherwise, to be verified in such manner, or
(b) any document produced to be authenticated in such manner,
as it may reasonably require.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
Existing user? Sign-in
Take a free trial
Take a free trial
0330 161 1234