[(1) The following provisions apply for the purposes of this Part.
(2) “Relevant scheme” means a scheme or arrangement (other than the FSCS) for the payment of compensation (in certain cases) to customers of persons who provide financial services or carry on a business connected with the provision of such services.
(3) References to the manager of a relevant scheme are to the person who administers it or (if there is no such person) the person responsible for making payments under it.
(4) “The FSCS” means the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (see section 213(2)).
(5) “The FSCS manager” means the scheme manager as defined by section 212(1).
(6) “Expense” includes anything that, if incurred in relation to the FSCS, would amount to an expense for the purposes of the FSCS.
(7) “Notice” means a notice in writing.
(8) In subsection (2)—
(a) “customers” includes customers outside the United Kingdom;
(b) “persons” includes persons outside the United Kingdom;
(c) references to the provision of financial services include the provision outside the United Kingdom of such services.
(9) This Part applies to cases where the manager of the relevant scheme is the Treasury or any other Minister of the Crown as it applies to cases where that manager is any other person.]
[(1) This section applies if compensation is payable under a relevant scheme.
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
Existing user? Sign-in
Take a free trial
Take a free trial
0330 161 1234