[(1) In this Part “qualifying authorised person” means an authorised person satisfying the following conditions.
(2) Condition A is that the authorised person is a body corporate incorporated in the United Kingdom.
(3) Condition B is that the authorised person is—
(a) a PRA-authorised person, or
(b) an investment firm.
(4) The Treasury may by order—
(a) amend subsection (3) so as to add to or restrict the descriptions of authorised person who can be qualifying authorised persons, or
(b) provide that while the order is in force subsection (3) is not to have effect.
(5) Except as provided by subsection (6), an order under subsection (4) is not to be made unless a draft of the order has been laid before Parliament and approved by a resolution of each House.
(6) An order under subsection (4) may be made without a draft having been laid and approved as mentioned in subsection (5) if the order contains a statement that the Treasury are of the opinion that, by reason of urgency, it is necessary to make the order without a draft being so laid and approved.
(7) An order under subsection (4) made in accordance with subsection (6)—
(a) must be laid before Parliament after being made, and
(b) ceases to have effect at the end of the relevant period unless before the end of that period the order is approved by a resolution of each House of Parliament (but without affecting anything done under the order or the power to make a new order).
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
Existing user? Sign-in
Take a free trial
Take a free trial
0330 161 1234