(1) This Part is relevant to most processing of personal data.
(2) Chapter 2 of this Part [This Part]—
(a) applies to the types of processing of personal data to which the GDPR [UK GDPR] applies by virtue of Article 2 of the GDPR, and
(b) supplements, and must be read with, the GDPR [UK GDPR].
(3) Chapter 3 of this Part—
(a) applies to certain types of processing of personal data to which the GDPR does not apply (see section 21), and
(b) makes provision for a regime broadly equivalent to the GDPR to apply to such processing.
(1) Terms used in Chapter 2 of this Part and in the GDPR [UK GDPR] have the same meaning in Chapter 2 as [this Part as] they have in the GDPR [UK GDPR].
(2) In subsection (1), the reference to a term's meaning in the GDPR [UK GDPR] is to its meaning in the GDPR [UK GDPR] read with any provision of Chapter 2 [this Part] which modifies the term's meaning for the purposes of the GDPR [UK GDPR].
(3) Subsection (1) is subject to any provision in Chapter 2 [this Part] which provides expressly for the term to have a different meaning and to section 204.
(4) Terms used in Chapter 3 of this Part and in the applied GDPR have the same meaning in Chapter 3 as they have in the applied GDPR.
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
Existing user? Sign-in
Take a free trial
Take a free trial
0330 161 1234