In Part 6 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 after the sections inserted by section 1266 above insert—
(1) The competent authority may by notice in writing given to a person to whom this section applies require him—
(a) to provide specified information or information of a specified description, or
(b) to produce specified documents or documents of a specified description.
(2) This section applies to—
(a) an issuer in respect of whom transparency rules have effect;
(b) a voteholder;
(c) an auditor of—
(i) an issuer to whom this section applies, or
(ii) a voteholder;
(d) a person who controls a voteholder;
(e) a person controlled by a voteholder;
(f) a director or other similar officer of an issuer to whom this section applies;
(g) a director or other similar officer of a voteholder or, where the affairs of a voteholder are managed by its members, a member of the voteholder.
(3) This section applies only to information and documents reasonably required in connection with the exercise by the competent authority of functions conferred on it by or under sections 89A to 89G (transparency rules).
(4) Information or documents required under this section must be provided or produced—
(a) before the end of such reasonable period as may be specified, and
(b) at such place as may be specified.
(5) If a person claims a lien on a document, its production under this section does not affect the lien.
(1) The competent authority may require any information provided under section 89H to be provided in such form as it may reasonably require.
(2) The competent authority may require—
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
Existing user? Sign-in
Take a free trial
Take a free trial
0330 161 1234