(1) The body known as the Panel on Takeovers and Mergers (“the Panel”) is to have the functions conferred on it by or under this Chapter.
(2) The Panel may do anything that it considers necessary or expedient for the purposes of, or in connection with, its functions.
(3) The Panel may make arrangements for any of its functions to be discharged by—
(a) a committee or sub-committee of the Panel, or
(b) an officer or member of staff of the Panel, or a person acting as such.
This is subject to section 943(4) and (5).
(1) The Panel must make rules giving effect to Articles 3.1, 4.2, 5, 6.1 to 6.3, 7 to 9 and 13 of the Takeovers Directive.
[(1) The Panel must make rules—
(a) giving effect to the general principles in Part 1 of Schedule 1C, and
(b) in accordance with Part 2 of that Schedule.]
(2) Rules made by the Panel may also make other provision—
(a) for or in connection with the regulation o
[(1A) Rules must specify the percentage of voting rights that gives a person control of a company for the purposes of this Chapter and how it is to be calculated.]f—
(i) takeover bids,
(ii) merger transactions, and
(iii) transactions (not falling within sub-paragraph (i) or (ii)) that have or may have, directly or indirectly, an effect on the ownership or control of companies;
(b) for or in connection with the regulation of things done in consequence of, or otherwise in relation to, any such bid or transaction;
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
Existing user? Sign-in
Take a free trial
Take a free trial
0330 161 1234