This Part applies only to public companies.
(1) References in this Part to a company's shares are to the company's issued shares of a class carrying rights to vote in all circumstances at general meetings of the company (including any shares held as treasury shares).
(2) The temporary suspension of voting rights in respect of any shares does not affect the application of this Part in relation to interests in those or any other shares.
(1) A public company may give notice under this section to any person whom the company knows or has reasonable cause to believe—
(a) to be interested in the company's shares, or
(b) to have been so interested at any time during the three years immediately preceding the date on which the notice is issued.
(2) The notice may require the person—
(a) to confirm that fact or (as the case may be) to state whether or not it is the case, and
(b) if he holds, or has during that time held, any such interest, to give such further information as may be required in accordance with the following provisions of this section.
(3) The notice may require the person to whom it is addressed to give particulars of his own present or past interest in the company's shares (held by him at any time during the three year period mentioned in subsection (1)(b)).
(4) The notice may require the person to whom it is addressed, where—
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
Existing user? Sign-in
Take a free trial
Take a free trial
0330 161 1234