Quick guide to where to issue common property dispute applications

The following Property Disputes practice note provides comprehensive and up to date legal information covering:

  • Quick guide to where to issue common property dispute applications
  • 1. Application to set aside a statutory demand served on an individual
  • 2. Application for renewal or termination of LTA 1954 lease and/or interim rent application
  • Renewal or termination of LTA 1954 lease
  • Interim rent application
  • 3. Assured shorthold tenancy possession proceedings
  • Section 8 standard procedure
  • Section 8 Possession Claims Online procedure
  • Section 21 standard procedure
  • Section 21 accelerated procedure
  • More...

Quick guide to where to issue common property dispute applications

Coronavirus (COVID-19): During the current pandemic, legislation and changes to practice and procedure in the courts and tribunals have been introduced, which affect the following:

  1. proceedings for possession

  2. forfeiture of business leases on the grounds of non-payment of rent

  3. a landlord's right to exercise Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery (CRAR) and enforcement agents taking control of goods

  4. service of various notices to recover possession of residential properties

  5. practice and procedure in the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber)

  6. insolvency legislation of both a permanent and temporary nature

For further information and guidance, see: Coronavirus (COVID-19)—implications for property.

This Practice Note provides a summary of the relevant court/tribunal for issuing proceedings in respect of some of the most common property disputes-related applications, including applications to set aside statutory demands, opposed and unopposed Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 (LTA 1954) lease renewal proceedings, interim rent applications, assured shorthold tenancy (AST) possession proceedings, light obstruction notice (LON) procedure, forfeiture proceedings, lease extension and collective enfranchisement (Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 and Leasehold Reform Act 1967) applications, boundary disputes, appeals against party wall awards, and trespasser (squatter) possession proceedings and/or trespasser injunction, enforcement of possession orders, Electronic Communications Code proceedings, modification of restrictive covenants, service charge dispensation, application, terminal dilapidations proceedings, proceedings for unreasonable withholding

Popular documents