The following Dispute Resolution guidance note provides comprehensive and up to date legal information covering:
The guide can be accessed here:
GTDT 2019: Legal privilege and professional secrecy—Switzerland
The guide addresses the following issues:
1. Identify and describe your jurisdiction’s laws, regulations, professional rules and doctrines that protect communications between an attorney and a client from disclosure.
2. Describe any relevant differences in your jurisdiction between the status of private practitioners and in-house counsel, in terms of protections for attorney–client communications.
3. Identify and describe your jurisdiction’s laws, regulations, professional rules and doctrines that provide protection from disclosure of tangible material created in anticipation of litigation.
4. Identify and summarise recent landmark decisions involving attorney–client communications and work product.
5. Describe the elements necessary to confer protection over attorney–client communications.
6. Describe any settings in which the protections for attorney–client communications are not recognised.
7. In your jurisdiction, do the protections for attorney–
**excludes LexisPSL Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and thousands of others like it, sign-in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial.
Existing user? Sign-in
Take a free trial
Take a free trial
0330 161 1234