Commercial Court—interim applications
Commercial Court—interim applications

The following Dispute Resolution practice note provides comprehensive and up to date legal information covering:

  • Commercial Court—interim applications
  • Commercial Court Rolls Building
  • Making an application
  • Applications without notice (AWN)
  • Ordinary application or heavy application
  • Time estimates for applications
  • Timetable for ordinary applications
  • Timetable for heavy applications
  • Applications on documents in the Admiralty and Commercial Courts
  • Respondent's response to an application on documents request
  • More...

Commercial Court Rolls Building

As of 25 April 2017, CE-File electronic working is mandatory for all professional court users in certain jurisdictions of the Rolls Building in London, including the Commercial Court. For guidance on electronic working in the Commercial Court, see Practice Notes: CE-File—introduction to electronic filing in the Rolls Building and other courts and CE-File—electronic filing and case management in the Rolls Building and other courts. For general guidance on electronic working, see Practice Note: Electronic filing and communications.

Claims started on or after 1 October 2015 in the Business and Property Courts may be suitable for and/or subject to one or both of the schemes under CPR PD 57AB (the shorter trials scheme and the flexible trials scheme).

Where the claim is proceeding under the shorter trials scheme, specific provisions apply to interim applications, see Practice Note: Business and Property Courts—shorter trials scheme. For guidance on the flexible trials scheme, see Practice Note: Business and Property Courts—flexible trials scheme.

Making an application

Applications in the Commercial Court are governed by CPR 23 and CPR PD 23A, as modified by CPR 58 and CPR PD 58. The Commercial Court Guide must also be read carefully for details of how applications should be prepared and will be heard.

You will need to use Form N244(CC) (application notice) when making an application in the Commercial Court.

The completed form should be

Related documents:

Popular documents