A number of exemptions apply in relation to bearer instruments and securities including exemptions relating to:
(1) securities under electronic transfer systems, where title may be transferred without a written instrument ('dematerialisation')1;
(2) the acquisition of a target company's share capital2;
(3) certain specified classes of instrument3;
(4) renounceable letters of allotment, letters of rights, or other similar instruments4;
(5) shares in a UK company, and shares in a foreign company, which may only be transferred as part of a unit comprising one share in each company ('paired shares')
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234