358. Variation and replacement of orders on breach or conviction.

The Crown Court may vary or replace a serious crime prevention order1 where it is dealing with a person who is the subject of such an order2 and who has been convicted of having committed a serious offence in England and Wales3 or of having breached a serious crime prevention order4. An order may be varied or replaced only on an application by the relevant applicant authority5 and only if the court has reasonable grounds to believe that the terms of the order as varied, or the new order, would protect the public