630. Variation of sentence.

On an appeal against sentence1, if the Court of Appeal considers that the sentence was wrong in principle or manifestly excessive, it may:


    (1)     quash any sentence or order which is the subject of the appeal2; and


    (2)     in place of it pass such sentence or make such order as it thinks appropriate for the case and as the court below had power to pass or make when dealing with him for the offence3.

Where the Court of Appeal exercises its power4 to quash a confiscation order5 it may, instead of proceeding6 to pass a new sentence, direct the Crown