In the context of a referral of a sentence to the Court of Appeal for review1 'sentence' includes any order made by a court when dealing with an offender2 including, in particular:
(1) a hospital order3 with or without a restriction order4;
(2) a hospital direction and a limitation direction (a hybrid order)5;
(3) a recommendation for deportation6;
(4) a confiscation order7 and an order varying such an order8;
(5) a declaration of relevance9 as respects an offence relating to a football match10; and
(6) an order for the forfeiture or suspension11 of a personal licence to supply alcohol12.
**Trials are provided to all LexisPSL and LexisLibrary content, excluding Practice Compliance, Practice Management and Risk and Compliance, subscription packages are tailored to your specific needs. To discuss trialling these LexisPSL services please email customer service via our online form. Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK. We may terminate this trial at any time or decide not to give a trial, for any reason. Trial includes one question to LexisAsk during the length of the trial.
To view the latest version of this document and millions of others like it, sign-in to LexisLibrary or register for a free trial.
EXISTING USER? SIGN IN
TAKE A FREE TRIAL
0330 161 1234